I often make smoothies on the run in the am – usually keeps my satisfied and packed with nutrients (an easy way to hide your greens for sure). I changed it up, my new fave thing is to whip up one of these bowls & sit with a cup of coffee on my deck in the sun when I am not rushing out the door first thing.
Don’t Forget Your Greens Smoothie Bowl
- 1 cup of fresh or frozen fruit (I use strawberries, raspberries, or blueberries)
- 1 cup of nut milk (sometimes you need to add a little more depending on consistency)
- 2 cups of fresh greens (spinach or kale will do the trick)
- 1 tbsp of nut or coconut butter (almond, cashew, pumpkin seed – whatever you have kicking around)
- 1/4 of fresh avocado
- 1 1/2 frozen bananas
- I have also been adding my go tos of collagen powder, maca powder, protient powder (I have a great egg white protein powder from Trader Joes), chia seeds, and hemp hearts – usually 1 tsp each and whatever the suggested serving is for your protein powder
Toss in the blender – you want a thicker consistency (almost like ice cream) it took me a few tries to not end up with soup. Toss into a bowl and top with whatever you fancy.
- fresh fruit – berries, banana, pineapple, mango
- nuts or seeds
- hemp hearts or chia seeds
- shredded coconut
Technically whole 30 approved too – as long as you ditch the granola for topping.